K&C Firearms Training Courses
Personal Protection Outside the Home
National Rifle Association's Basics of Personal Protection Outside the Home
Prerequisite: National Rifle Association's Basics of Personal Protection In the Home
Course Fee: $125
Upcoming Course Dates: See Sidebar Schedule
This course is both comprehensive and intensive in its approach to equip the defensive shooting candidate with the skills needed to survive serious adversity. The course teaches the students the knowledge, skills and attitude essential for avoiding dangerous confrontations and for the safe, effective and responsible use of a concealed pistol for self-defense outside the home.
Students have the opportunity to attend the course using a quality strong side hip holster that covers the trigger, or a holster purse. From a review of safe firearm handling and proper mindset to presentation from concealment and multiple shooting positions, this course contains the essential skills and techniques needed to prevail in a life-threatening situation.
The NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home course is divided into two levels, basic and advanced:
- Level One (Basic): A nine hour course (consisting of classroom and range time) that offers the essential knowledge and skills that must be mastered in order to carry, store, and use a firearm safely and effectively for personal protection outside the home
- Level Two (Advanced): an additional five hours of classroom and range training and teaches advanced shooting skills
Students will receive
- The Basics of Personal Protection Outside the Home handbook
- Course Examination
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure and the appropriate course completion certificate(s)
- NRA Basic Personal Protection Outside the Home (identifies strong-side hip holster or purse use) certificate
- NRA Advanced Personal Protection Outside the Home certificate
- Eye Protection *
- Hard style hearing protection *
- A notepad and pen or pencil
- A functioning handgun *
- At least 100 rounds of ammunition (Absolutely no re-loaded ammunition and no tracer or steel core penetration ammunition is allowed!)
* This item is available for rental
Note: Participants in this course must be at least 21 years of age and possess defensive pistol skills presented in the NRA Basics of Personal Protection In the Home Course.